[Diy_efi] Question about TBI fuel pressure

Charles M Slack, III slack
Thu Sep 22 15:19:41 UTC 2005

Jim, Use an older in tank fuel pump and sensor form a Buick or some
other GM. The TBI
components used on the GM trucks & cars  from ~ 87 on are very plentiful
& cheap.
The Aztec pump you are contemplating is a pump& fuel level sensor
combined that
is very pricey.  The in tank GM TBI fuel pumps can be purchased for $28
to $45,
you also need to scour a few junque(high class junk) yards for various
other TBI
components.  Most TBI & TPI use a fuel pressure regulator that you will
also need.
Don't forget to run a return fuel line back to the fuel tank, the unused
fuel is
circulated back to the tank.  Look at access to the fuel tank pump &
level sensor,
you may have to make a covered opening to gain access later on, much
easier than dropping the tank.
Good Luck,
Charlie Slack
65 TBird