[Diy_efi] Question about TBI fuel pressure

Alex Jenkins ajenkins
Thu Sep 22 17:10:42 UTC 2005

Jim,

	Our pump is not in-tank in our systems. We use a 3-bar unit
(about 54psi) and run R9 rated FI hose. TB pressure regulator keeps the
system at about 12psi. Hope this helps?

Alex Jenkins
Injection Logic, LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Jim Kyser
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:24 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] Question about TBI fuel pressure

I am adapting a TBI system to my 1946 Willys Jeep with a Buick V6.
(yeah, I know I could adapt a Buick TPI setup but the parts are much
more expensive)

My question regards fuel pressure. I would ideally like to run an intank

pump and am looking at the pump from a Pontiac Aztek. Basically, the
pump and fuel level sensor are all mounted together in an assembly that
bolts in from the top of the tank though the typical large opening. The
problem is that the Aztek pump is for a TPI setup and puts out upwards
of 40 PSI. I know that the TBI systems need more like 5 PSI. Could I
just put a regulator inline to drop the pressure down?

9/21/2005