[Diy_efi] Timing

Michael Richards michael
Wed Sep 28 17:54:13 UTC 2005

A lot of knowing comes with experience. I could probably set a honda or
a mazda timing map from memory only because I've worked with so many.
If you're set up accurately to detect light pinging then you can work
your timing up until it starts to ping then back off a few degrees.

On a dyno finding the MBT you will see it when more advance fails to
make more torque. Some engine/fuel combinations will begin to ping
before reaching this point.

-Michael