[Diy_efi] Nissan KA24E ECU and CAS

John Smith1882 dirtrider218
Wed Apr 26 18:23:36 UTC 2006

I have a TB, MAF, injectors, fuel rail, ECU,etc from an '89-90 Nissan 240SX
that I am going to be adapting to another engine. The crank angle
sensor(CAS) and injector trigger are in the distributor, but  that is the
one part of the systemI do not have. The CAS is, from what I understand,
mainly for ignition. The ignition will handled separate from the ECU. I
still need the injector trigger wheel, though, and I can build that.

My qestions are:
1. Will the ECU still funtion without the CAS, or will it go into "limp"
mode?
2. If I cannot remove it, does anyone know if I can remove the CAS function
in the binary file?
3. If I can't do either of those, does anyone have a clear picture of what
the trigger wheel looks like? All I have is a bad illustration from an
online factory service manual.

I have been all over the net looking and even the Nissan
tuners/chippers/programmers can't help for whatever reason.