[Diy_efi] Reality check - no efi content - long winded

Leo Schneggenburger lschneg1
Mon Aug 21 00:37:49 UTC 2006

Hi Bill,
 I am not sure but I think this is an interference engine. It sure
sounds like a bad valve at the least. Head gaskets are also a common
issue on these engines and the fact that you are low on the adjacent
cylinder makes me wonder about that too. Can you put air into the
cylinder as a test? It should of course seal which it won't. Then see if
air is coming out the intake manifold or the exhaust or look for bubbles
in the radiator. You will know what to do after that. BTW, I am in
"Upstate, NY" but I know that in NYC, /*anything */above the city is
considered upstate and since you are from the tri-state area you
probably think the same way, so where and who worked on your car if you
don't mind answering? Privately if you wish.
Leo