[Diy_efi] info request

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Tue Aug 22 13:40:57 UTC 2006

The method of full-load enrichment is very different among the various
D-jetronic implementations out there.

The oldest one is using a vacuum switch which shorts pin 2 or 9 to pin
14 of the ECU at full load, this will change a bias voltage to the
monostable that is controlled by the pressure sensor. In this case,
decreasing the resistors R207/R208 or R208/R209 (parallel connected) in
the ECU will give more full-load enrichment.

The next method is using a non-linearity in the pressure sensor, by
fitting an extra membrane in addition to the usual "barometer" bellow.
In this case, there is a sealed adjustment screw in the pressure sensor
which sets the limit of travel for the membrane and hence the full load
enrichment.

And the newest method is using a WOT switch, like more modern Bosch
systems. It is connected in approximately the same way as the old vacuum
switch, and there are the same reference numbers of the resistors to be
altered.

However, please note that the pinouts of the D-jetronic ECUs are not all
the same. There is a lot of small differences and it is always safest to
refer to a wiring diagram for the actual car you are working on and then
double check that the car's wiring harness seems to be wired like the
schematic. The full load enrichment resistors in the ECU have always one
end connected to the pin for the vacuum/WOT switch. A good thing is that
in most cases, all wires in the harnesses are marked with the
corresponding pin numbers of the ECU, so it is relatively easy to
reverse engineer a D-jetronic harness and make an own wiring diagram.

Best regards

Torbj?rn Forsman