[Diy_efi] Low impedence injector flowbench and other flowbench Q's

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu Aug 24 02:04:35 UTC 2006

Hey Dustin, you're going way overboard using an ECU to flow injectors.
You can build an injector bench using a 555 timer chip and an output
transistor for saturated injectors, and a P/H circuit for P/H injectors.
The 555 can drive both circuits simultaneously, and you can hook the
injector to the appropriate driver.  A pot will take the 555 from 0% to
100% duty cycle, or use a rotary switch and fixed resistors to deliver
predetermined pulsewidths.

> Another question is regarding firing a strobe or timing light
> to view injector spray patterns. Anybody know a simple way to
> fire a strobe from an injector pulse?

1)  external flash like a photographer would use.  These are probably
very simple to trigger.
2)  reverse engineer a cheap strobe light.
3)  timing light.  Cut off the inductive pickup and wire to the injector
firing signal.  Would take some experimentation to make work.  If it's a
dial back then you can observe the spray at different points during the
spray.
4)  timing light.  Use the injector firing signal to trigger a GM
module, hooked to an ignition coil, and the inductive pickup on the
timing light.

There's a flow bench article on the DIY page you should read.
www.diy-efi.org, click diy_efi, click projects, click flow bench.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.