[Diy_efi] Low impedence injector flowbench and other flowbench Q's

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Thu Aug 24 12:52:04 UTC 2006

Dustin,

LM1949.  It is an IC chip that handles Peak & Hold injectors.  Go to the
Digi-Key web site, look up the LM1949, pull down its data sheet and you can
learn a lot about driving injectors.  Use a LM555 circuit like the rest are
telling you to provide your pulse train.

I actually run a secondary injector system on my Mustang, I used the LM1949
to control the big Darlington transistor for each injector.  This way I
could run both lo and high impedance injectors.  In the course of developing
that driver circuit I built the 555 based signal generator and have run up
to 4 hi impedance injectors at a time with it.  I don't think the Darlington
transistor I use would run 8 peak & hold injectors batch style.  Possibly
using a large Mosfet would allow that.  8 x 4 amps (that's your peak load
with 8 batch-fire P&H injectors).  Probably you could get by with 4
injectors at a time, compare results from two runs?

Anyway, pull down the data sheet, it will get you started.

Good luck,

Dan Nicoson