[Diy_efi] injecting 5 port head

Carter Shore clshore
Tue Dec 26 15:25:35 UTC 2006

I face a similar situation with 1147 Spitfire motors,
siamesed intake ports.

Here's my plan of attack:

1) Use 4 injectors, in sequential order, synchronized
to crank TDC, and a camshaft sensor.
2) Choose injectors that have a narrow spray angle.
3) Choose the injector flow such that max fuel
requirements for a single cylinder requires < 50% duty
cycle.
4) Orient spray away from adjacent cylinder.

Item 4 means that the injection axes will probably not
be parallel, which complicates the plumbing somewhat;
i.e. indiviual fuel hoses to each injector rather than
a common rail.

Item 3 means that minimum pulsewidth at idle may be an
issue, so P&H injectors are probably needed.

The injection scheduling algorithm may require
variable timing with respect to RPM and/or throttle
position to compensate for unequal airflow split.

Carter Shore