[Diy_efi] TPS Specs / PN's

Clair Davis clair.davis
Thu Dec 28 04:50:08 UTC 2006

I've run in to an issue with my TPS that may become a problem in the near
future.  I'm using a Mopar Performance billet 4V 1000cfm throttle body that
came with Mopar-type sensors (MAP, IAC, TPS) as it is the "off-road"
replacement for the Magnum V8 throttle body.  Although the MAP and IAC seem
to be pretty straight forward, the TPS is both non-adjustable, and doesn't
seem to reach full voltage at WOT.  By relocating the mounting holes, I was
able to achieve 0.5V at idle, but I can now only get about 3.8V at WOT.  I'm
not sure how the Magnum trucks dealt with this issue, but I don't think my
'7730 is going to be happy as-is.

I suspect that I may be able to program around the WOT voltage limit, but
I'd prefer not to if at all possible.  This now brings me to my question...
is there a resource out there that discusses the various options for TPS's?
I'd like to see if there is something out there that will give +/- 5.0V at
WOT and still give 0.5V at idle, AND be correctly "handed" for my
application.  I would estimate that the throttle shafts turn about 80-85% of
the GM TB I have in the garage when at WOT.  I've got a catalog on TPS units
made by Tomco.com, but it doesn't get in to the guts of the specs, just PN's
and ID photos.

Any help greatly appreciated, especially now that the critter is running.
Idles OK (needs IAC tweaking), throttle response is nice (not moving yet),
but I want to make sure it KNOWS that it's at WOT when it is.

Clair
69 Valiant 340/'7730
FTWTX