[Diy_efi] PCM/ECM wish list question

Steven P. Donegan donegan
Fri Dec 29 16:39:16 UTC 2006

I am designing an ECM/PCM (based on an LPC2138 ARM CPU). So far I have
the following inputs:

Manifold Absolute Pressure
Manifold Air Temperature
Coolant Temperature
Oil Temperature
Oil Pressure
Detonation Sensor
Throttle Position
Mass Air Flow (GM frequency style)
4(ea) O2 sensors (my vehicle has 2 pre-cat and 2 post cat sensors)
Crank Position Sensor
Cam Position Sensor

What if anything am I missing on the input side of things?

On the output side of things I have:

8(ea) coil-on-plug triggers
8(ea) injector triggers

FYI - this will be an open source project similar to Megasquirt. All
code will be written in C under the FreeRTOS operating system. Right now
the hardware design looks like a primarily passive 'motherboard' with
daughter cards for the analog inputs, the outputs, and the CPU (see
www.olimex.com and the LPCH2138 part for the CPU description). For those
who have 1998-2000 LS1 based Camaro's this will be intended to be a 100%
direct replacement for the stock computer.