[Diy_efi] PCM/ECM wish list question

K DANIEL kml_daniel
Sat Dec 30 14:28:20 UTC 2006

Hi
The following are missing from the output side
Main relay driver
Fuel pump relay driver
IAC drivers
SES lamp driver

Nothing is mentioned about the on board diagnostic such as the OBDII which is very important
Kamal Daniel

----- Original Message ----
From: Steven P. Donegan <donegan at donegan.org>
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 8:39:16 AM
Subject: [Diy_efi] PCM/ECM wish list question

I am designing an ECM/PCM (based on an LPC2138 ARM CPU). So far I have
the following inputs:

Manifold Absolute Pressure
Manifold Air Temperature
Coolant Temperature
Oil Temperature
Oil Pressure
Detonation Sensor
Throttle Position
Mass Air Flow (GM frequency style)
4(ea) O2 sensors (my vehicle has 2 pre-cat and 2 post cat sensors)
Crank Position Sensor
Cam Position Sensor

What if anything am I missing on the input side of things?

On the output side of things I have:

8(ea) coil-on-plug triggers
8(ea) injector triggers

FYI - this will be an open source project similar to Megasquirt. All
code will be written in C under the FreeRTOS operating system. Right now
the hardware design looks like a primarily passive 'motherboard' with
daughter cards for the analog inputs, the outputs, and the CPU (see
www.olimex.com and the LPCH2138 part for the CPU description). For those
who have 1998-2000 LS1 based Camaro's this will be intended to be a 100%
direct replacement for the stock computer.