[Diy_efi] Zinc and o2 sensors

Justin justin justin_email
Fri Feb 3 02:52:05 UTC 2006

I have heard that using rotella and other diesel engine oils in gasoline
engines will make the motor last longer because of the higher zinc
content.  I have also heard that this will kill o2 sensors and catalytic
converters.  My application will not have cats but it will have an o2
sensor.  Do any of you guys know if this is true or not?  The motor is
freshly rebuilt so there really wont be any blow by.  Let me know what
you guys think.  Thanks - Justin