[Diy_efi] Re: Zinc and o2 sensors

Dustin Lof bubblesjrtwo
Wed Feb 8 03:37:34 UTC 2006

First of all I want it to be known that I am not the
only one to refer to oneself as simple, I guess one
has to be somewhat humble before making that
statement.

next of all, I live and work about 200 miles north of
Jackson MN, I would never recomend any to any customer
to run any thing heavier than 10w30 in a gas engine
during the winter months, the narrow rings, and low
ring tension of modern engines wont clean the heavy
oil from the cylinder walls.  That heavy mass of oil
wont even get in to the valve guides until it is very
warm.  If you have to tear down a modern engine with
150k on the odometer it is not because it is wore out,
it is because something broke, todays tech school
graduates dont even know what ring ridge is, they
think it is that carbon build up at the top of the
cylinder that washes away with carb spray.

I would recomend a good quality petroleum, a synthetic
or synthetic blend.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~davida1/temp/FrozenExhaust.jpg

http://home.hiwaay.net/~davida1/temp/FrozenExhaust2.jpg