[Diy_efi] quick connect fittiings

Michael Kaczmar abbynrml94
Wed Feb 8 22:40:23 UTC 2006

I am in the process of installing a 2004 Gen-III V8 into my 93 Sierra.
It's a 4.8L LR4. The fuel rail is the quick connect variety, 5/16"
return, 3/8" feed. I have only been able to find some at the autoparts
store, and they are the type you slip a hose over, and hose clamp. I am
looking for a slightly more reliable setup.

Some referencees I have found call it SAE quick connect.

I found this link on the DIY-EFI site,
http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/component_info/efi_fittings.html but it
only shows the tube side, not the quick connect side. I could have
sworn I searched over the weekend and found a russell or Earl's fitting
that went from quick connect to a AN line, but I can't find it
anymore.. Maybe I was dreaming. I have to imagine this is a common
issue, what is the common solution. I DO NOT want to cut the stock fuel
rail and flare it.

I just went over to Inline Tube (often advertised in Hot Rod, Rod and
Custom etc..) and they do not currently make lines with that fitting.

Any help is appreciated.

Michael Kaczmar
Creator 77/94/95/96 Caprice a.k.a. Frankenstein LT1/MN6
2004 Impulse Blue GTO, LS1/M12
53 F-100 5.0/T5, Mustang II, T-bird IRS.....
see http://www.geocities.com/abbynrml94 for project pics!!