[Diy_efi] gm vortec efi

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu Feb 23 17:06:43 UTC 2006

________________________________

	From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org
[mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Tom Visel
	Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:24 AM
	To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
	Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] gm vortec efi

	I do know that the Vortec poppet-nozzle style injectors are
infamous for being sensitive to deposits.  Apparently (so I'm told,)
they were tested with Chevron gasoline with Techron.  Since we in the
real world aren't going to pay that much on a regular basis for our
fuel, people come into my shop all of the time (~every 2 months or so)
with clogged injectors.  The cure is an injector cleaner that is full of
the active ingredient in Techron.

GM has released an updated injection system for the vortec that moves
the injectors from the center out to where the poppets are.
www.lindertech.com has it:

http://www.lindertech.com/reconinj.htm

scroll down to "mini injector" replacement.  I don't know if this is OEM
or aftermarket.  At one time I had bookmarked some WWW pages that had
the TSB and part number for the factory part but I can't seem to find
them now.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.