[Diy_efi] Audi idle issue

Ernest Buckler ebuckler
Tue Feb 28 17:13:55 UTC 2006

Top reply,
Yep, replaced those the first thing.  The old ones were baked rock hard, for sure, and the little ones on the tip were mostly gone.  Car still ran, tho....   Thanks for any and all advice here, need to see if it really is the air flap adjustment, I only suspect it because that's what I disturbed.   Later today, will get a helper and see what I can find out.
Ernie
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Visel
  To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
  Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 7:28 AM
  Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Audi idle issue

  Ernie, have you replaced your injector o-rings yet?  It seems that every CIS-injected car that crosses my shop's threshold has a poor idle.  I spray a little carb/throttle body cleaner around the injector ports in the head/manifold, and the changing RPM tells me that the o-rings have been baked by time, lack of maintenance, and the AZ climate.  One set of rubber and a short while later, the idle is almost always steady.

  If your engine has this kind of trouble, you can chase the CO setting all day and never get it right.

  TomV