[Diy_efi] Olds 403 MPI - was (no subject)

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Wed Jan 4 19:06:47 UTC 2006

Let me clarify: TPI is a very specific 'long runner
raised plennum' design that has a very unique intake
manifold as part of the runner design. This is not MPI
or multi-port injection where there are injectors on a
more-or-less standard intake manifold using a
carburetor-like throttle body. Obviously, an Olds MPI
manifold/th-body solution would work, but that is NOT
TPI by definition, which is a very specific intake
design for MPI.

That said, I agree the easy route would be to adapt an
Olds MPI, then the question is what to controll it
with.