[Diy_efi] Big Caddy

Jason M. galaxiecustom500
Thu Jan 5 01:27:47 UTC 2006

I still haven't looked at all the parts I'll need but I'm expecting it would
cost around $500 (mostly fuel injectors) using the megasquirt and parts I
have now.

I like that quadrajet throttle body on that link, something I'll have to
look at.

Still need to read up on the megasquirt further, what I've read so far it
looks like its a pretty easy/simple set up.  Heck the standard unit only
controls fuel so it would be easy to use the stock distributor.  Was
thinking about upgrading with the spark controller and adapting "small cap"
hei to the Cadillac.

Also have to look at GM ECU's.  Want to start doing some tuning on my '92
caprice this spring.  Friend of mine just got a burner and EPROM's for his
Audi.  Same "chip" needed for the caprice.  Need to get a spare ECU first.

Only thing I really see missing in the basic mega squirt is idle air control
(can use a two position motor, for fast idle then normal idle) and torque
converter lock up.  Swapped a 700r4 into my 82 "el caprice" used simple
switches for the torque converter lock up.  Works well, not as smooth as ecu
control though.

Both my friend and me want to try the megasquirt on something so that might
influence the decision.