[Diy_efi] Big Caddy

Jim Bannister jimster1
Thu Jan 5 01:46:28 UTC 2006

I spent a lot of time digesting megasquirts info.  At some point, I
concluded that a reprogrammed GM unit is the way to go.  I've already
updated my 472 to a HEI, to get full spark control, I need to swap in a
different module.  I like the idea that I'm getting the benefit of many
millions of GM research dollars.  I also believe that a GM ECU is inherently
more stable\reliable than a DIY unit.  Read up on the "block learn" mode and
you will begin to see the light.  If you enjoy tinkering, Megasquirt is the
way to go.  Personally, I want to drive the car and not be in eternal tuning
mode.
Jim

Also have to look at GM ECU's.  Want to start doing some tuning on my '92
caprice this spring.  Friend of mine just got a burner and EPROM's for his
Audi.  Same "chip" needed for the caprice.  Need to get a spare ECU first.