[Diy_efi] GM MAP sensors - differences?

Aaron Bunch nitrusmr2
Tue Jan 17 05:54:57 UTC 2006

Is it possible the Holley used a 2 bar map sensor? I
know the 2 bar sensors have different slots in the
connectors.

Aaron

--- Dustin Lof <bubblesjrtwo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I know Chrysler used a lot of holley parts, they
> used
> a map that looked just like a gm part only the pins
> are reversed right to left, and the slots in the
> weatherpack wont align like you said yours did, I
> would try a late 80s or early 90s caravan, they used
> atleast 2 differnt part numbers with differnt
> connectors, but only one looked like a gm sensor Im
> sorry but I dont know the exact year but if you find
> sharp parts guy I know it can be figured out
> Dustin Lof
>
> --- pparaska at comcast.net wrote:
>
> > I have an old Holley Pro-Jection 4D system I'm
> > trying to limp along with
> > while I deal with some Megasquirt issues.
> >
> > I fried the Holley MAP sensor (markings on it are
> > "3352" and "S95097"
> >
> > I tried replacing it with a Wells SU105 (which
> > crosses over to alot of GM
> > TBI cars/trucks) but for one thing, the connector
> > doesn't mesh (the keys
> > in the weatherpack recepticle don't align with the
> > slots in the Holley
> > harness plug.  I tried wiring it in temporarily
> and
> > the car ran INCREDIBLY
> > rich, and the HONDO software showed very large MAP
> > counts, from
> > 115 to 240 or so, instead of the typical 30-115
> that
> > I saw with the
> > Holley MAP sensor.
> >
> > Does anyone know of a good match to the Holley
> part?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Pete

Aaron Bunch    ATS Racing    http://www.atsracing.net
91 2.2 T67 Motec turbo MR2 - 490 rwhp @ 29psi
93 SMG turbo MR2 274 rwhp @ 18.5 psi spare car
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition (tow vehicle)

"Just because you have the money to buy one, doesn't mean
you have the skill to drive one."  Steve Neese