[Diy_efi] pic based afm -> maf conversion

Ashley Evans hoshy
Wed Jan 18 20:01:31 UTC 2006

John Smith wrote:

> [...]

I also agree.  replacing the whole management system, or altering the
parameters of the existing ecu program is the "right" way to do the job.

There are some drawbacks though.  Mainly the proprietary nature of these
systems.  You either need to spend an awful lot of time to effectivly
reverse engineer.  Or pay a lot of money.

Neither of which are practical for an amateur like myself who's just
starting on the learning curve :)

As I mentioned in my first post I am looking to extend the system to
include timing.  Maybe even develop a full PIC based replacement... I
even thought about fitting it into a standard motronic ecu case with a
"mapping" connector also fitted.  (daydreaming :) )

Cheers,
Ashley