[Diy_efi] 555 Timer controlled EFI

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover
Sat Jan 21 18:13:16 UTC 2006

In a message dated 1/21/06 7:13:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
kml_daniel at yahoo.com writes:

Hi
The 555 timer could be used as frequency to voltage converter i   could send
you a schematic of it, if you need
Kamal Daniel

The F-to-V converter was my reply to the person wanting to use the
Mitsubishi MAF device. I am using a Datsun Flap-type AFM which has an antilog
CFM-to-Voltage curve; I am applying this to pin 5 of a 555 to linearize the  curve.
Then processing this signal for Intake air temp. and engine  (cylinder heat)
temp.; then passing this through a National Semi. A/D device;  hen with further
processing, this is applied to the input of a programmable  8-bit counter
which, through rotary counters, gates, and power transistors,  feeds the injectors.
Scotty