[Diy_efi] Re: MAP vacuum signal isolation?

pparaska at comcast.net pparaska
Thu Jan 26 01:18:09 UTC 2006

Thanks everyone for pointing out my bad setup - I USED to think
that full vacuum to the advance cannister was the way to go, but
I DID learn that wasn't so good and had previously hooked it
top ported vacuum.  I thank you all for pointing this out to me.
I changed things back to ported vacuum for the advance and
use the port on the TBI below the throttle plates for the MAP.

On issue is that the port is just above the manifold/tbi mating
surface.  This is probably a bit close to the #2 runner entry
from the plenum on the Holley 300-36 hi-rise dual plane manifold
I'm using.  I did install a large metal case fuel filter in line
from this port to the hose that goes to the Megasquirt, in hopes
of damping out the signal a bit.

As for MegaSquirt ignition control, I hear you loud and clear.
I have the parts for the Ford EDIS-8 setup and a 36 tooth
50 series sprocket that I will dull the tooth tips on to get a
decent trigger wheel out of.  It will sandwich between the
harmonic damper and pulley.  I will then move to MsnS-E.

Thanks for the help and the memory jog on ported vs full
for vacuum advance!

Pete
http://AlteredZ.com