[Diy_efi] 10hp injected turbo

Ernest Buckler ebuckler
Mon Jan 30 01:29:53 UTC 2006

>   There are very small turbos primarily for 2 and 3 cylinder diesel
engines.
> I have seen them in my Field Service travels.  The smallest one I saw was
on
> a Japanese engine on a water pumping unit.  From the external appearance
the
> compressor inlet was about 1 inch. It was a while back and I don't have
any
> details. I bet that engine couldn't have been more than 30 HP.
>   Have you asked on the Junk Yard Turbo discussion group?
> jyturbo at yahoogroups.com They are all about homebrew turbo and supercharged
> setups.

Small turbos - go to Briggs & Stratton site, they are presently marketing a
turbo diesel 3 cyl. engine making, you guessed it, 30 hp.   Meanwhile I'll
try to remember to measure one from a CX 500 TC, thats  500cc or 30.5
cu.in.; I think the hot wheel is around 60 mm in diameter.  Pretty small.
These over-square engines have 4 valve heads, turn 8000 to 10,000 rpm, make
65 to 90 hp.

Ernie