[Diy_efi] 10hp injected turbo

David Allen davida1
Mon Jan 30 02:54:16 UTC 2006

  Having spent many "formative years" playing around with home built
go-carts, it has always been tempting to supercharge one!  Never did manage
to do it back then $ was something I had none of!
  There are very small turbos primarily for 2 and 3 cylinder diesel engines.
I have seen them in my Field Service travels.  The smallest one I saw was on
a Japanese engine on a water pumping unit.  From the external appearance the
compressor inlet was about 1 inch. It was a while back and I don't have any
details. I bet that engine couldn't have been more than 30 HP.
  Have you asked on the Junk Yard Turbo discussion group?
jyturbo at yahoogroups.com They are all about homebrew turbo and supercharged
setups.
  Later,
David

-----------------------

joel sprague wrote:
Were did you find a turbo small enough for that
engine.  I have looked around for a small enough turbo
but have been unsuccessful.  I opted to run a smog
pump on my Kohler engine, hopefully it moves enough
air.  It is a rather large unit from a big block
chevy.  Also how do I get to the archives?   I have
had alot of problems trying to do this before?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated
Joel