[Diy_efi] 10hp injected turbo

Ian Molton spyro
Mon Jan 30 01:54:49 UTC 2006

Lee M. Lemoine wrote:
> Also worthy of mention, here in the states the Geo Metro had a clone,
> the Firefly in canada... which had a turbo 3 cylinder available (1 liter
> gas motor)...  Just figured i'd toss that in there.

Im driving a 17 year old Diahatu Charade CX. its a 3 Cylinder turbo
diesel. develops 56 HP.

I'd kill for a replacement turbo as mines certainly not in the best
shape these days.

Despite all that, the little engine turns in fuel figures never under
55MPG. long runs get in the region of 65MPG.

low end 'go' isnt bad, as long as you work the gears properly, too,
since 1st is a very low ratio. gives the boy racers a run for their
money up to ~35MPH.

Still trying to get my hands on an intercooler for it, too :)