[Diy_efi] 10hp injected turbo

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Mon Jan 30 02:01:31 UTC 2006

I just bought a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited... 2.5 liter DOHC with VVT,
turbocharged and intercooled.  I get about 17 mpg with a 5 speed auto
transmission, and a fair amount of jackrabbit starts (hey, i haven't found
anything that pulls on me yet!)...

Either way, i would love to drop a cylinder and see twice or three times the
economy...  maybe i can toggle a switch just not to fire the injectors or
ignitors for one of the cylinders ;)

--LL

On 1/29/06, Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> Lee M. Lemoine wrote:
> > Also worthy of mention, here in the states the Geo Metro had a clone,
> > the Firefly in canada... which had a turbo 3 cylinder available (1 liter
> > gas motor)...  Just figured i'd toss that in there.
>
> Im driving a 17 year old Diahatu Charade CX. its a 3 Cylinder turbo
> diesel. develops 56 HP.
>
> I'd kill for a replacement turbo as mines certainly not in the best
> shape these days.
>
> Despite all that, the little engine turns in fuel figures never under
> 55MPG. long runs get in the region of 65MPG.
>
> low end 'go' isnt bad, as long as you work the gears properly, too,
> since 1st is a very low ratio. gives the boy racers a run for their
> money up to ~35MPH.
>
> Still trying to get my hands on an intercooler for it, too :)

Sincerely,

Lee M. Lemoine
http://www.turbochargedsoul.com/
http://www.snefools.org/