[Diy_efi] Pulsing a K-jet cold start injector?

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Tue Jan 31 20:53:56 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 16:07, Torbj?rn Forsman wrote:

> Anyway, i don't think the long-term reliability of a such injector in
> pulsed mode would be a problem. Probably, the interior parts are
> identical to a normal Bosch injector.

Hmmm ... that would be great ....

Let's see, reality check of my idea:

I'm on the way of converting an '82 323i BMW from a half-dead K-jetronic FI to
EFI using a 1227727 ECM.... but until I get an EFI manifold from an E30, I
was thinking of installing the ECM, the sensors, tune the k-jet fuel
regulator lean, and supply the rest of the fuel via the cold start injector
as a "TBI" injection.

Does this sound a workable idea?

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.