[Diy_efi] Converting from Carburation to TBI

Dan Maker redbeard
Tue Jul 18 00:45:20 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 06:56:53PM -0400, Scott Peitzsch wrote:

> You're looking for a setup from a '77-79 Cadillac Seville with the
> fuel injected Olds 350.  It used an analog fuel injection system with
> some fairly high flowing (~38#/hr or so) low impedance injectors.
> I recently help a friend troubleshoot a few electrical gremlins on
> one (in his case, a '77) as NONE of the local mechanics would even
> consider touching it.
>
> -Scott

Scott,

What I've read indicates that system had one injector per cylinder, more
of a tuned port thing.  I'm looking to go to TBI, not TPI.  Perhaps I'm
wrong.

I can understand why none of the local mechanics would touch it.  If you
have oportunity to take some digital pictures of his setup, I'd sure
love to see 'em.

Thanks,
Dan
--
Jack of all trades
Fiber Artist - Genealogist - Kilt Maker - Linux Geek - Piper - Woodworker