[Diy_efi] Converting from Carburation to TBI

Scott Peitzsch jlg-sep
Mon Jul 17 22:56:53 UTC 2006

>> Dan, if you know an application for that manifold then go to
>> www.car-part.com, it's a nationwide junkyard search engine.
>>
>> --steve
>
> Aye, there's the rub.  I have not been able to confirm any specific
> application.  Rumors say it was used on some Cadilacs using the 307 Olds
> engine, some time in the '80's, but I have not been able to verify this.
> In fact, all efforts to verify it have contra-indicated it.  :(
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.  www.car-part.com can be an excelent resource
> (although they say '71 monte carlo front windshield will fit my '71
> vista cruiser, and it most certianly will not, we tried.)

You're looking for a setup from a '77-79 Cadillac Seville with the
fuel injected Olds 350.  It used an analog fuel injection system with
some fairly high flowing (~38#/hr or so) low impedance injectors.
I recently help a friend troubleshoot a few electrical gremlins on
one (in his case, a '77) as NONE of the local mechanics would even
consider touching it.

-Scott