[Diy_efi] Re: LPG vapor injection with gasoline injectors: calculating fuel req.

John Smith1882 dirtrider218
Fri Jun 9 18:23:02 UTC 2006

Expected fuel(vapor)) pressure will be ~40psi.

LPG comes out of portable cyclinder as vapor already unless you turn it
upside down. No convertor necessary.

I expect the gas will get cold from the expansion, so I guess roughly
30-40*F/0-10*C. Hopefully it won't go any lower than that.

I have no idea what the propane/butane percentages are for the average LPG
here in the U.S. It's not critical anyway; I just need to figure out the
numbers to "fool" the MegaSquirt into making a working basemap. For example,
if I need 50% more propane than gasoline, I can tell the MS it's a gas
engine that is 50% larger than what I have. However, before I can do that I
have to know the reduction in mass flow from liquid gasoline to vapor
propane through the same fuel injector....or something like that. I'm still
learning about liquid/vapor/caloric values/etc.

In RE to the rest of your post that I excluded: I don't have a dyno and
won't until I build one. I don't have an exhaust gas analyzer nor
vepor-specific injectors and it is cost prohibitive for me to purchase
either for this project.