[Diy_efi] Hesitation

dgilbert78 at juno.com dgilbert78
Wed Jun 28 03:53:51 UTC 2006

Hello: If you have a MAP system make absolutely sure that the vacuum to
the MAP is on time, not delayed. Lots of times on GM TBI units (possibly
others) the vacuum port to the MAP becomes plugged with carbon to the
point that the orface is so small that the vacuum is delayed to the MAP,
this will without a doubt cause hessitation on quick throttle opening. On
slow no load throttle opening the vacuum is fast enough to run the MAP
and the problem is not present. There is no test for this unless the MAP
port is completely plugged, then it is obvious, because you will get no
MAP change. I had to pull the TPI and rod the port and choke cleaner it.
After that no more hesitation, Probably any problem with the vacuum hose
to the MAP would cause a similiar problem,
good luck
Darryl...