[Diy_efi] nissan L28 engine

Bill - Comcast b.shaw
Thu Jun 29 12:27:52 UTC 2006

Hi Ian,

Did you drain the fuel and add fresh?  It will no longer be fuel after 6
years of sitting.  Can you crack the fuel line near the engine somewhere
and verify you have fuel pressure?

You can hear the injectors clicking when they fire.  I use a stethoscope
and touch the top of each one,  you can isolate a bad one this way.  You
should also be able to smell fuel coming out the tail pipe if it's
pumping fuel and air but not firing.  You can start it on starting fluid
but don't run it long that way.

Pull a plug,  plug it into a wire and leave it laying on top of the
engine where you can see it while you crank,  You should be able to see
the spark.

hth,

Bill
'82 928s 5 sp. Vortech/749 (No longer L-Jet)