[Diy_efi] RE: help with Eagle PCB software

Dan Zorde dzorde
Thu Mar 2 23:55:30 UTC 2006

Steve, I'm not familiar with Eagle. But most schematic packages have a
set of rules they follow (generally a rule matrix). See if you can find
the setup for that and check if it flags Input and Output pins connected
to Power pins as an error.

Generally you can set it up to provide warnings and errors or IGNORE.
But it will do this for the entire design.

Alternatively, you should be able to go in and change the library model
(or create your own) for the regulator and just make the pins power pins
instead. Generally an Input or Output pin would be considered just that
(ie a port pin on a micro) so you wouldn't generally connect power
directly to it, hence the ERC you are getting is correct.

I would simply change the library model to be correct if possible.

Dan