[Diy_efi] help with Eagle PCB software

Martin E martine001
Sat Mar 4 00:41:16 UTC 2006

Typical warings from an ERC.

As long ad you do not have the same NET name on different nets you can
ignore the warnings. Or like you pointed out change the POWER in from POWER
to IN or OUT.
This is a common work around, it takes a little work to get the warnings
suppressed.
VCC and GND are also hidden in EAGLE, or at leat they are in version 3.51

To change the components you need to edit the Symbol of the component. Make
a copy of the library so you dont over write the original. I'm not sure how
much has changed since the DOS version.

Cheers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Ravet" <Steve.Ravet at arm.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:28 PM
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] help with Eagle PCB software

Here are the warnings I'm getting:

WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U1 VSS(PIN8) connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U1 VSS(PIN19) connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U1 VDD connected to VCC
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 VSSA connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 VDD connected to VCC
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC1 connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC3 connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC4 connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 VSSD connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 PSEN connected to V+
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC5 connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 VBATT connected to V+
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC2 connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC7 connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC6 connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC8 connected to GND
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin IC1 IN connected to V+
WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin IC1 OUT connected to VCC

The ones that say pin XXX connected to V+ are what concern me.  I originally
added V+ from the supply1 library and renamed some of them to VBATT and some
to VIGN.  That gave me errors.  I deleted them, and added new components
VBATT and VIGN to the supply1 library.  Added them to the schematic but it's
still referring to V+.

Can someone give me a little more detail on how to work with supply pins?
How do I create VIGN and VBATT, and then add them to my schematic?

thanks,
--steve