[Diy_efi] help with Eagle PCB software

Bernd Felsche bernie
Sun Mar 5 15:25:27 UTC 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 12:28, Steve Ravet wrote:
> Here are the warnings I'm getting:
>
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U1 VSS(PIN8) connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U1 VSS(PIN19) connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U1 VDD connected to VCC
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 VSSA connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 VDD connected to VCC
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC1 connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC3 connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC4 connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 VSSD connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 PSEN connected to V+
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC5 connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin U2 VBATT connected to V+
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC2 connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC7 connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC6 connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: NC Pin U2 NC8 connected to GND
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin IC1 IN connected to V+
> WARNING: Sheet 1/1: POWER Pin IC1 OUT connected to VCC

Only a few of those should be a real problem. If you want to
complicate your schematic, you can add "packages" that have
nicely-defined net names at the connections points. e.g. you might
have a "blob" with 2 pins, one for GND and the other for AGND if you
want to be specific about where they connect. That's btw sometimes
critical in achieving a low-noise design.

I gather from the above that U2 has NC pins tied to ground.

> The ones that say pin XXX connected to V+ are what concern me.  I
> originally added V+ from the supply1 library and renamed some of them to
> VBATT and some to VIGN.  That gave me errors.  I deleted them, and added
> new components VBATT and VIGN to the supply1 library.  Added them to the
> schematic but it's still referring to V+.

You should be able to make the warning "go away" by renaming the NET
connected to that of the signal expected at the device.  New
warnings may replace the old ones...
	e.g SUPPLY Pin V+ overwritten with VCC

> Can someone give me a little more detail on how to work with supply pins?
>  How do I create VIGN and VBATT, and then add them to my schematic?

Change the "value" of supply existing "devices". supply2 has V-->
and V<--

\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.