[Diy_efi] Jetronic - RFI

WSCowell at aol.com WSCowell
Sat Mar 4 10:36:44 UTC 2006

In a message dated 04/03/2006 10:22:47 GMT Standard Time, spyro at f2s.com
writes:

whats involved in retrofitting ABS to a vehicle ? Does anyone make  kits?

Hoo boy, where shall we start?

Modify the wheel hubs to carry suitable reluctor rings, modify hub carriers
to hold sensors, modify the hydraulic pipework from the master cylinder so as
to  include the pump piping, accumulator and valve block, design & fit bracket
 for hydraulic pump for the high pressure lines, replace pedal box and master
 cylinder depending on whose system you propose to use, install all wiring
and  the ABS controller itself, integrate its self-test with the rest of the
vehicle's electronics....

In short it's do-able, but definitely not trivial!  :-)
I think if you have to ask that particular question, don't attempt the job,
because of the danger involved in implementing a project that you don't
understand from top to bottom.

I'd be very surprised if anyone made kits, certainly I've never seen
anything in UK.

Will C