[Diy_efi] Jetronic - RFI

Ian Molton spyro
Sun Mar 5 16:29:57 UTC 2006

Lee M. Lemoine wrote:

> Also, before trying to implement ABS, you'll have to have the same size
> and diameter tires front and rear -- or have appropriately ratio'ed
> reluctor rings front and rear...

Ah I see. makes sense (thanks for telling me what a reluctor ring is).

Ok, so we're looking at a computer, an electronically opwerated pump,
and some plumbing, all of which would be fairly easy to install.

the wheel sensors shouldnt be too hard to add, so that leaves modifying
the pedal box as the tricky bit.

> All ABS pumps are electronically operated, as to operate during and
> after a collison, as long as the electrical system is intact.  They
> typically draw 10-30 amps...

Presumably they dont draw this all the time, only to pressurise the
system and during braking?