[Diy_efi] Hoses...

KN Head2Wind
Tue May 2 15:55:00 UTC 2006

Lee,
If you do not bead the ends of the exhaust tubing you will be in for a not
so fun experience when the hose slips off the end and dumps all the very hot
coolant all over the place..... been there, not good!  At the very least if
you don't have access to a tubing beader, take the MIG and buzz a quick bead
around each end about 1/4" in.... I have done this before and it works but
it is not as clean as the bent in bead.

If you can get your parts house person to let you behind the counter into
the sea of different hoses that they have hanging on the wall there have
been many times where I have found the right hose for the custom install
from some other application.  Usually there is at least one that will work
and there are hoses that have different sizes end for end so that should
deal with the step-up/down situation.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Jay Rabe
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 8:08 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Hoses...

Yeah, pretty much what lee said.  You should be able to pick up an exhaust
reducer to go between the two sizes of hose you need (each side sized for
the 2 different sizes of hose).  Get a short straight section of the
radiator neck sized hose and a couple clamps.  Just make sure the ends of
the reducer are not sharp, so it doesn't bite into the hoses.