[Diy_efi] RE: Nissan KA24E ECU and CAS

hugh at sol.co.uk hugh
Mon May 8 18:20:12 UTC 2006

Here is a picture of the RB26 disc which looks pretty similar.

http://www.sol.co.uk/h/hugh/Motec/RB26%20Trigger%20Disk.JPG

I have a great deal of noise on my RPM trace and assume that it it caused
by cambelt harmonics probably made worse by high lift cams.

Cheers

Hugh

Just email them to me Tom, my email address should be on the
top of your header, if not then here  niche at iinet.net.au

cheers

mike

At 03:02 AM 5/6/06, you wrote:
>How to mail a pic? I assume attachments will be stripped, so there's an
FTP somewhere?  I just took pics, not awesome ones, but between John's link
and the pics, some useful info should be gleaned.  In case it doesn't come
through, there is a fat slit in the CMP (sorry for the ISO terms vs. Nissan
ones, it's a habit!) portion of the wheel, which identifies cylinder #1.  I
have had an oil-fouled interrupter plate not fire the injectors every time
the blocked hole came around, so I know the inner ring of holes is used to
trigger the injectors.

>TomV
>
>Mike wrote:
>
>>Suggest email us a picture, because this sounds so much like the
>>RB30 CAS and I have done a study of that one, there is no cam
>>control but there are two lots of pulses which overlap to signal tdc...
>>
>>rgds
>>
>>mike
>>

>>At 12:00 AM 5/5/06, you wrote:
>>

>>>1. Yup.  Fought one for a while; dealt with the same problem on an
Altima, and similar problems on the VG30 which has the same setup.
>>>2.
>>>3.  No extra or missing slits; the 360 slits are actually for the crank
angle sensor and the four slits, spaced inboard of those, are for the cam
sensor (cylinder ID,) with one being wider then the others.  The signal
conditioner makes the outputs into square waves.  There is no dead space in
the ring of 360.

does. Does it just "clean up" the rounded square wave signal from the
optical sensors, or something else? On the 360 slots, is there a dead space
like the #1 injector window?

>>Regards from
>>

>>Mike Massen
>>Network Power Systems
>>Lab 08 9444 8961
>>Mb 0438 048961
>>Perth, Western Australia
>>* VL/VK Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
>>* Skyline/NIssan/VL Milspec ignition driver in development
>>* Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
>>* Industrial grade PolyVinyliDeneChloride (PVDC Copolymer) in bulk, the
best
>> oxygen and water protective barrier you can find for circuit boards.
>>Web site under construction   http://niche.iinet.net.au

Regards from

Mike
Perth, Western Australia
VL Commodore Fuse Rail that wont warp or melt !
Twin tyres for most sedans, trikes and motorcycle sidecars
http://niche.iinet.net.au