[Diy_efi] Ignition amplifier Bosch 0-227-100-200

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Fri May 12 20:53:45 UTC 2006

Most probably, the 0 227 100 200 is just an amplifier, intended for use
together with an ECU which takes care of the dwell calculation,
apparently they are used on Motronic (or Bendix "Fenix") systems. The
only Bosch ignition modules I know about that have built-in dwell
control are the old ones used together with distributors with inductive
sensor and mechanical ignition advance. But they use the fact that the
p-p voltage from the inductive sensor increases with the rpm, for
controlling the dwell. Most of those ignition modules can also be used
as pure amplifiers for a square wave from an ECU, and in that mode they
do not change the dwell of the input signal.

Best regards

Torbj?rn Forsman