[Diy_efi] Low pressure propane injection with gasoline injectors.

John Smith1882 dirtrider218
Sat May 13 20:26:49 UTC 2006

With all this talk about LPG conversions, direct injection, and special
parts, it got my gears turning. I've seen huge (1600 cc/min) low impedance
gasoline injectors and they were described as "also suitable for  NG/LPG). I
assumed an injector that large would be for gaseous injection, is that
correct?

I have a turbocharged and MegaSquirt controlled Briggs & Stratton I'm
working on, but I don't think 91 octane pump gas will be adequate with the
high cylinder head temps and boost. Can I really use LPG with the gasoline
injectors? The engine is only 400cc and I have three 30lb/hr(315cc/min)
injectors at my disposal.