[Diy_efi] Electronic propane injection

KN Head2Wind
Mon May 15 19:25:52 UTC 2006

I am not affiliated with them; this is just contact info for the BC, Canada
distributor of the http://www.prins-lpg.com/en/prins/ product line.  I will
be getting quotes on product costs here shortly.

"interest in the VSI product.  We are the Canadian distrubutor of this
product and would love to help you.  Please call me at (604)-308-9430

Thanks again

Willie Stephen [wstephen at maxquip.ca]
VP Pacific Region
MaX-Quip Inc"

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of John Smith1882
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 12:09 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] Re: Low pressure propane injection with
gasolineinjectors.

I had envisioned a system similar to the one you describe. I don't expect
freezing to be an issue with just one or more likely two 30 lb/hr injectors
on an engine making ~30hp. I will use as long of a hose between the tank and

regulator as necessary to keep from "going liquid" as us paintballers say. I

will probably experiment with copper pipe to make a fuel rail I can solder
together. That way I can put whatever fittings I need wherever I want

I wouldn't normally consider propane an option, but I only know of one or
two places to locally get race fuel I don't think any of the 76 stations
around here have pump 100 and ZERO stations have E-85. In fact, I would
prefer E-85 over all the others, but there is only a single station here in
California that sells it publicly and it is about 5 hours away. E-85 is less

than $2.25/gal whereas pump premium 91 is ~$3.80, racing 100 or higher is
~$6.00/gal, and propane is ~$2.00/gal.

Hopefully I can keep this topic going. Everyone says that CNG/LPG injectors
are special and costly, etc, but using more common gaslione injectors would
be a great option for the amateur.