[Diy_efi] Early-mid 1990's Bosch BMW Motorcycle Motronic Info?

urq urq
Wed May 17 02:53:57 UTC 2006

In the very late 1980's and early to mid-1990s BMW Motorcycles had what they
called a Motronic system on their 4-cylinder 4 valve motorcycles.  The
reason I say "called Motronic" is that it appears to me that the Hall
Senders mounted to the crankshaft operate very much like points.  Does
anyone out there have any information about this system ... basic block
diagram and such is all I'm looking for ... or can you point me to somewhere
I can get the info?

If someone here is in the know, I'm also interested in the evolution of the
system since then ... did they ever go to a more conventional system that
allowed better resolution of the crankshaft position?  K1200RS perhaps?

TIA!
Steve B
San Jose, CA (USA)