[Diy_efi] Electrically erasable proms

Bill USN-1 scoutii76
Sun May 21 18:16:13 UTC 2006

I use the Moates adapter and burner.
Cost about $110 for everything and there is no more erasing 2732's!!

I also run a separate 7747 with the romulator zip tied to it.
Then I can do all my real time programming, then when done, just download
the bin and burn it on a chip.

I think Moates has an All-in-one now too.

Bill
USN-1

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Joe Boucher
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:54 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] Electrically erasable proms

In the Transtonics web site, they claim there are electrically erasable prom
chips which are direct replacements for the 27C256 and 27C512 uv erasable
eeproms.  http://xtronics.com/memory/efi_ecu_faq.htm

Yet, when I pull down the fact sheets for the Atmel 29C512 fact sheet, there
are no chips made in the dip format which will fit the GM memcal.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Joe B.