[Diy_efi] Electrically erasable proms

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Sun May 21 21:23:52 UTC 2006

Flash eproms in dip package have been manufactured for many years and by
many manufacturers, but it is possible that some of them now consider
the dip package obsolete.
Anyway, there are many other manufacturers than Atmel that make flash
eproms, for instance Spansion (formerly AMD and Fujitsu), ST
Microelectronics, Intel.
Such flash eproms are available at electronics surplus vendors, and they
can be salvaged from various scrapped electronic equipment (for
instance: 486-class PC motherboards, fax machines, printers, dial-up
modems, satellite tv receivers).

Best regards

Torbj?rn Forsman