[Diy_efi] Ignition IGBTs

ENSEMBLE J-HOLLAND j_holland
Mon May 22 16:33:42 UTC 2006

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 20:58:21 +0300
From: Juha Niinikoski <juha.niinikoski at sitecno.fi>
Subject: [Diy_efi] Ignition IGBTs
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org

IGBTs designed for ignition use are extremely easy to use. Active
snubber circuit included and logic level drive. This is my old
experimental DIS ignition project where I used IGBTs.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/juha.niinikoski/DIS/Dis.htm

Juha

  Thats a nice project. Dd the 410 run any better with that system, I've thought for a long time that the 410 would be an ideal project for a programmable ignition. Here in the UK the 410 only had a centrifugal advance which is a bit archaic. Maximum advance was 25degs. Other markets got a vacuum advancer with 30degs max but I don't believe they had a centrifugal advance as well. Also IIRC the stock timing is setup for a relatively low octane fuel (our basic unleaded is 95RON). A common mod here is to drop in the electronic setup from the SJ413 and swing the timing forward a few degrees
  Cheers
  James