[Diy_efi] RE: Nippondenso / Toyota TCCS

Mos mos
Sun May 28 07:45:05 UTC 2006

John,

I believe it did. 90s ECUs of all sorts use this ND numbering system. For
instance in an instrument cluster the only IC I was able to find a
datasheet for was an 8pin serial eeprom, everything else was proprietary.

Torbj?rn,

There was somebody some time ago who posted that he had been involved, at
a very indepth level, in reverse engineering the toyota ECUs. The team had
gone as far as X-raying the ICs to see what was in them, and their
conclusion was that they were batches made to order by a particular
manufacturer - they found logos on the silicon but I can't remember who
they were. I also remember him mentioning that some may have had the
silicon turned around 90 degrees in the package to change the micros
pinout and make it more difficult to work out the actual micro.

My memory of exact detail is frail but you may be able to search for it in
some way...

Sorry not much help.. but a lead I hope..

Mos.

--
1991 MX83Gr 2JZ-GTE, 2000 IS200SpLux, Sydney, Oz.