[Diy_efi] problem with ecu and injector duty

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Tue Nov 14 18:32:54 UTC 2006

Good point.  I made an ASSumption that the injectors were timed to the
crankshaft somehow.  That's the problem with ASSumptions...

I would also note that the original poster has not responded back to any of
the responses.  Must be busy.  I'm betting he could get some help if he did.

Later,

Dan Nicoson

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Carter Shore
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:02 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] problem with ecu and injector duty

Yes, that's exactly the point of my post;

Duty cycle is ratio of On-time to Off-time.
If the injectors are not triggered synchronously with
the crankshaft, and all you know is the On-time (17
mS) then either the pulse *frequency* or Off-Time must
be known in order to calculate the duty cycle.

Some batch-fire schemes are asynchronous with the
crankshaft, but it doesn't appear to me that this is
one of them, after examining the site.

Carter Shore